Monday, April 27, 2009

Sr. Adults .. Branson Bound


Just a quick word, today.

This morning at 7 o'clock (I need to be there by 6:30 AM and still have some packing to do), the 1998 Bluebird bus from FBC pulls out of the parking lot for Branson, Missouri.

Senior adult + Branson = Match made in heaven (perhaps there's a clue in the name itself .. BRANson .. I think I see the attraction).

There is plenty of entertainment to keep them smiling and enough food to fill their stomachs (forget 'born to be wild' .. they are 'born to buffet'). What's not to like?

We've had this trip planned for several months (thanks Jane Smith) and now it's finally here .. just three days after coming off my chorale trip .. yippy skippy.

I am taking my laptop so you can experience this exciting "geriatric journey" with me.

Hopefully, I will be able to sleep on the bus on the way over today.

On second thought, I better not close my eyes for even a minute with this crew. Things could quickly get out of hand.

"They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing" - Psalm 92:14

3 comments:

Beverly said...

For several years, I coordinated Elderhostels (not angry old people!) and took lots of them to Branson and Tunica. DO NOT SLEEP! They are deadly. Your job is to scout out all bathrooms, check for the cheapest buffets and then listen to how bad the food is as they devour it. Lipitor will be the medicine they all have in common and Immodium will be at a premium by the second day. Good luck - you'll need it!

RevKev♫ said...

Bev .. You have the gift of encouragement. Pray for me!

Tom T. Kitty said...

Hey Revkev...didn't the Apostle Paul say, "I buffet my body"???

Hope you had plenty of donuts on the bus!