Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Cat's Out of the Bag


In the world of computers and technology I've never been what they refer to as an "early adopter" (evidently neither are Greg and Sheila, bless their hearts .. maybe this adoption fiasco is almost over), being the first on the block to have the latest and greatest.

I did stand in line on "opening day" when the iPhone 3G came out last year, but please remember that was the second generation version. There's a difference.

If anything, I wait until just after the new model comes out (that Heidi Klum .. five foot, eight and a half inches tall .. four feet of that is legs) to purchase the "end of life" version .. the best bang for the buck (I understand bangs are 'in' this year in the male deer community).

Since Apple's new OS .. that's 'operating system' for you non-technical folk .. (Snow Leopard) is due out in September, it only seemed fitting that I finally upgrade my operating system (Tiger) to the current version (Leopard).

Of course, I used to think Panther was the cat's meow, but as newer software started being developed it was clear by the "minimum requirements" .. that cat had been declawed.

Last night I pounced on Leopard and, so far, it hasn't come back to bite me.

What's next .. Ocelot? Cougar? Tabby?

There are still several more varieties of the feline family from which to choose.

Me?

I'm staying with Leopard for a while .. as long as it runs fast and keeps purring smoothly.

Gotta go wolf down some breakfast. Later.

"And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning." - Ezekiel 1:14

No comments: