Monday, June 29, 2009

Good Morning, Americans .. It's Monday


I can't believe it's Monday again! Didn't we just have one of those .. last week?

While searching for a picture for today's post (btw, I spend more time trying to find the 'perfect pic' than actually writing this stuff .. shocking, isn't it?), I stumbled upon a cartoon of the word "Monday" lying on a psychiatrist's couch next to the doctor who had pencil and pad in hand. The caption read, "Everybody hates me!"

Why do we have so much disdain for one little day of the week?

Wouldn't it be better to direct that anger at something far more horrible .. like lawyers, tax collectors or music ministers who never pick your favorite hymn .. or even worse .. never pick a single hymn?

What did Monday ever do to deserve this type of shabby treatment?

1) It is always consistent (every seven days you can count on it being there .. check a calendar if you don't believe me). 2) It is the first day of the week (okay, Sunday should deserve that honor .. however, most people consider it a part of the weekEND .. a time where they do exactly what they want .. as demonstrated by yesterday's church attendance) and everyone likes being first. 3) On occasion, Monday is turned into a holiday (Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc.), resulting in a three day weekend.

What's not to love?

Monday. So underappreciated .. and misunderstood.

Join me tomorrow as we discuss what it feels like to be "number two."

It's about Tuesday .. gutter mind.

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

2 comments:

Allen and Laura said...

My Grandfather always said that "every day above ground was a GOOD day". I always remember that when it's Monday. (and sometimes Tuesday). What was up with yesterday's attendance ?? I broght Mr. Murray Pearson some green tomatoes that I had promised him and even he wasn't there. Ended up giving them to someone else. Brother Greg stopped by our pew yesterday to say hello and I started to tell him the tomatoes were 10% of my crop and that was my tithe :) See you in church.....

jidgede said...

i heard the music was "wonderful" yesterday!!!