Saturday, June 27, 2009

Reunited and It Feels So Good


The trip I had to make to Memphis yesterday proved to be a productive one.

My MacBook Pro (which had been sent in to replace a faulty graphics card) was ready for pick up so I also made an appointment at the "Genius Bar" (Apple's name for their tech support area .. and btw, don't walk up and say, 'Hey genius, tell me what's wrong with this' .. they can be offended easily) to repair a broken "ring silence button" on my iPhone.

I had an 11:45 appointment with one of the geniuses .. uh make that tech guys .. so I arrived at the Apple Store about thirty minutes early to "ooh" and "ah" a bit over all the "goodies."

Every time I go to the Apple Store I'm just like a kid in a candy shop .. of course the "candy" there is more expensive and if you grab a "piece" and try to run out the door, they call the police and STILL call your mom .. totally not worth it.

Upon arrival I reported to the "Concierge" (who's really like a Wal-Mart greeter .. except about forty years younger .. Apple really knows how to "class up" things .. I bet they could even make poop seem exotic) who checked me in and called someone in the back (this would normally be a 'stockboy' .. I'm not sure of his 'Jobs ordained' title, however) to retrieve my repaired (at no charge) laptop.

The MacBook Pro came out with a new logic board and some new memory (a two gig stick of RAM) which was evidently causing a Kernel Panic (the Mac equivalent to Microsoft's 'blue screen of death' .. not to be confused with Colonel Paneck, the military leader).

One down. One to go.

My iPhone 3G will be a year old on July 11 (I was number ten in line on 'opening day' .. see that post in the archives if you want to relive it with me) and I was prepared for them to do an in-store repair to replace the broken button. However, I wasn't prepared for what was in store.

They gave me a new phone. That's right. A new phone.

For my money (oh, wait .. it didn't cost a dime) Apple has the finest customer service, bar none.

Make that .. GENIUS bar none.

"Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things I do declare" - Isaiah 42:9

1 comment:

Cathy said...

And they all lived happily ever after. AMEN.