Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's Summertime


Everyone is talking about the weather, but no one seems to be doing anything about it.

I know that has certainly been the case around these parts (that sounded like something Gabby Hayes or Yosemite Sam might say .. 'dagnabit'). It has been hotter than a snake's hind end in a wagon rut (I must be going through some type of 'cowboy stage' .. there's one leaving in five minutes .. that sounded like a line spouted by Festus on Gunsmoke).

If you are a "summer person," the month of June has been a dream come true (once I dreamed I fell asleep on the platform at church. When I awakened .. I had. I did some quick thinking, said AMEN really loudly and we continued with the service).

With the soaring temperatures, it's like a tropical paradise (without the beautiful ocean, sand and palm trees .. of course) out there.

High humidity? No sweat for all you sun-worshipers.

However, for those of us who are .. sane (okay, that may be up for debate when it comes to me), there is plenty of sweat (if I wanted my underwear to be soaking wet I'd drink three or four glasses of water before bedtime and take a sleeping pill).

Although today's temperature is supposed to reach 96° degrees, the forecast calls for only 49% humidity.

In West Tennessee that's known as a "dry heat."

"They are all hot as an oven." - Hosea 7:7a

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey pop, enjoyed you snake/wagon wheel rut analogy. i've heard a million recently. unfortunately, none of them are fit to print... especially here
much love from your son

RevKev♫ said...

I use great restraint when posting here. Considering what I DO post .. that's pretty scary! Love you!

Tom T. Kitty said...

We all know you like cowboy music!