Monday, June 22, 2009

There's No Place Like Home


Cheryl returned last night (reluctantly, I might add .. she tried to hide in a cleaning closet on board the ship) from her annual seven day "sanity" cruise. This year's adventure included Key West, Belize, Honduras and the Cayman Islands.

While away, she learned to relax and became well read .. five books, I believe.

While away, I learned of ex-lax (isn't 'occasional irregularity' an oxymoron???) and became, well .. red (I'm using sunscreen from now on when mowing without a shirt .. my 'cooked shoulders' could have taken home a prize at Memphis in May).

This September we will celebrate twenty nine years of matrimonial bliss.

What's our secret?

It's a mutual love and respect for one another and a commitment to the "institution" (boy is that an appropriate word) of marriage.

Taking a week off from one another once a year doesn't hurt a bit either.

It helps "clear the head" of any thoughts of murder that might have surfaced over the past twelve months.

Welcome back to the madhouse, Cher.

Did you miss me?

"Behold, I know your thoughts and the devices which ye wrongfully imagine against me." - Job 21:27

No comments: