Friday, June 5, 2009

It's Friday On the Web(b), Jack


Today is going to be a good day. There, I said it.

I hope all you "power of positive thinking" freaks are happy.

I'm not the most optimistic person who ever lived (what a shocker!!). I'm a "Murphy's Law" kind of guy (whatever can go wrong, will go wrong .. not the 1986 movie by that name starring Charles Bronson as a cop trying to even the score with the man who killed his wife .. hmmm, quite a departure from most Bronson films where he's NOT a cop .. trying to even the score with the man who killed his wife).

I am a Christian (I'm sure this comes as a relief to many who read these entries and have been a little concerned about my spiritual well-being). I know Who holds my future and I have no doubt about where I will spend eternity.

You see, I'm a minister of music and I have a precious promise that one day I will be in heaven .. because NO music minister has ever reached the age of accountability.

That's right. We "know not what we do."

My future plans are secure. However, all this stuff going on right now kind of "bums me out" at times.

Perhaps you've seen the poster that says, "Nothing can happen today that God and I can't handle" (I believe it's from Proverbs .. or "Paradise Lost" .. or maybe I read it on a cereal box).

I'm certainly not worried about God doing His part. He's always there.

I'm the weakest link.

Lord, thanks for loving a poor pessimist .. like me.

"For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee." - Acts 18:10a

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm comforted to read of someone else having these thoughts.

Cathy said...

I'm not a pessimist. I even optimistically believe that you can become an optimist. I guess it's not the best way to handle the world's yucky stuff, but most of the time, I just try not to think about it. It's a good thing God is in control and I don't have to be.

JS said...

Ok, this will make you laugh. I was looking for the VBS DVD on your desk and couldn't find it when all along it was on mine. It took me a whole day to figure that out. Can you say I need to clean my office?