Tuesday, August 25, 2009

57 (I'm 52, actually) and Foggy


Well, they did let me out of Bolivar last night (I know the residents have to tire at all the subtle and not so subtle references to the mental institution there .. crazy, isn't it?) and I got home fairly early (around 9:30 PM).

It was rather foggy all the way back to Humboldt and I was slightly uncomfortable (not as uncomfortable as the two women I ridiculed for slipping out during my stand-up routine .. they tried to leave without making a 'stir' .. of course, I couldn't let that happen) driving home.

When I awakened this morning (I pulled a 'Cheryl' .. set the alarm for 5:30 .. got up at 6:00) it was 57 and foggy.

Interestingly (or maybe not), I was born in '57 and today I'm foggy.

When you burn the candle at both ends (or worse .. stick a burning candle in your end .. kids, don't try this at home) like I've been doing of late, it makes it difficult to think clearly and rationally (even more so than usual for me).

You have a hard time collecting your thoughts (here's a tip .. when you finally do collect them .. poke air holes in the top of the jar) or even holding an intelligent conversation.

Case in point ...


Maybe tomorrow will be better. I hope to be only partly cloudy.

"Thick clouds are a covering to him .. " - Job 22:14a

No comments: