Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Revival of the Fittest


The revival meeting continues at Antioch Baptist Church and because of a tight schedule, I won't be saying much (I know .. you are used to me not saying much) today.

Revival in the morning (10:30 AM services each day). Revival in the evening (7:00 o'clock every night). Revival at suppertime (okay, just suppertime .. but I'm still there early). By Thursday I'm going to need reviving.

I'm still having trouble keeping everyone on the same page (at one point .. in the same book) during the congregational singing.

Some songs just need to move on along and it appears moving day is nowhere in sight.

They say (I don't know who they are, but that doesn't seem to stop them from commenting on everything .. hey, maybe I'm .. they) "if you can't beat 'em .. join 'em."

That's not the issue here.

I "beat 'em" (because they are about a half a beat behind me) every time.

We'll see how it goes this morning.

I'm bring track shoes for everyone.

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."
- Hebrews 12:1

No comments: