Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Night at Home .. Finally


I have been extremely busy of late (and early, most days .. not today .. I slept in to 7:30 this morning) and finding a night at home has been like "looking for a needle in a haystack" (I'll never do that again .. needles are too cheap to be wasting my time digging through hay).

Last night, after two weeks of having someplace to be every single night, I was at home in my recliner and it felt good.

Cheryl and I watched a few episodes of "Burn Notice" we had missed during season one and it was great chillaxin with the wifey (that's the way we talk here in the hood .. you know what I'm sayin? .. I'm just keepin' it real).

Trying to keep up with life in the fast lane (okay, Humboldt doesn't exactly have a fast lane .. except maybe in front of Walmart) is tough.

When the children were at home, we were constantly on the go. Between school, church, and extra curricular activities, we were on the road constantly.

The pace should be slower since Drew and Megan aren't around anymore (btw .. would it hurt to pick up the phone and call occasionally? .. I helped bring you into this world, you know).

It's not.

If anything, we go just as much as we ever did.

Speaking of "go" .. I'd better.

My next free night isn't until Thursday and I'm wasting valuable time.

"For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps him busy with the joy of his heart."
- Ecclesiastes 5:20

No comments: