Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sleepless in Humboldt .. Again

Note to self ..

Never, ever again .. under any circumstance .. take a 12 hour Allegra-D AND drink a cup of Starbucks Colombia Medium Blend Coffee after ten o'clock at night.

Jerry Lee Lewis just thought he was the one with a whole lotta shakin' going on.

I was shakin' .. tossin' .. turnin' .. AND .. bouncin' all night long.

The only positive is I won't have to do my routine regiment of rigorous exercises today (if you believe that, I have some swampland down in Florida I'd like to sell).

It all began with a headache that started early in the day and, no matter what I did, would not go away.

Some people say they never get headaches.

These people are fortunate and universally despised by those of us who do (I know Scripture tells us to love our neighbor .. I don't live next to these people, so I think I'm justified in this matter).

Headaches are a way of life for the Hamilton men (we have headaches .. and .. we can be headaches). My father has them, his father had them, and now I am just carrying on the family tradition.

My son wants to start a new tradition, but I'm not so sure about that.

Change can be such a .. pain.

"And he shall put his hand upon the head .."
- Leviticus 1:4a

No comments: