Monday, August 10, 2009

On the Road Again .. Again

Life in the "fast lane" was thrilling and exciting when I was twenty five years old. Now that I'm over fifty .. I'm starting to get a little car sick.

Like many of my posts in recent days, I will have to be short and to the point this morning. Sorry to disappoint you "gluttons for punishment."

I am speaking to a group of senior adults (150 to 200, I am told .. of course it was by a preacher and that could be 'ministerially speaking' .. there may be a dozen or two) in the Shiloh Baptist Association (Mt. Gilead Baptist Church in Bethel Springs - 1 hour and 45 minutes from here, according to Google Maps) at 10:30 AM. This means I need to be out the door no later than 8:30 this morning.

Our church staff is having a retreat in Linden, Tennessee today and tomorrow. So .. I will be leaving just as soon as I am finished (I'm planning on 45 minutes of side-splitting comedy .. with senior adults you never know .. I may be finished in a matter of minutes with all sides completely intact) for LindenValley Baptist Conference Center (approximately 2 hours from Bethel Springs .. according to Google Maps).

I still have to pack an overnight bag (do those need to be thrown away after a single use?) and .. prepare 45 minutes of side-splitting comedy (I keep intending on doing something about my procrastination problem .. I just haven't gotten around to it) before I can head out.

I'm not sure if there is internet access in Linden, Tennessee. If not, there will be no post on Tuesday.

Never fear.

When I get home I'll get you .. up to speed.

" .. and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." - Hebrews 12:1b

No comments: