Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wake Up, Wake Up, Sleepyhead

Yesterday was another long one (it was the same length as the day before, I'm pretty sure .. but it felt like it had more hours) so, I had no intention of setting my alarm for 5:30 AM this morning.

Sorry, early riser blog readers (sounds like a tongue twister .. rubber baby buggy bumpers).

My speaking engagement (luncheon) at Bellevue Baptist Church went well and now I can say prophecy has been fulfilled (years ago people said one day I would be at Bellevue .. they were referring to the mental hospital in New York, of course .. but hey .. picky, picky .. I say they were right).

Deacon's meeting (remember yesterday's post when I mentioned it being over around 7:30ish? .. no way .. try 9:30 PM) went long, so I was more than a little tired and weary (♪♫ and I must go along ♪♫ .. there will be peace in the valley .. for me ♪♫) when I finally got home.

I was supposed to be in Nashville at ten o'clock this morning for a meeting at the TBC, but it just wasn't going to happen (sorry Dr. Porch .. the ox was in the ditch .. so he decided to just lay there and sleep).

The Bible says, "A man has to know his limitations" (or was that Dirty Harry from Magnum Force?? .. it doesn't matter, it's still true) and I've just about reached my limit.

Tonight I am in charge of the program for the quarterly meeting of the Humboldt Music Club (6:30 PM in the fellowship hall of First Baptist Church). It's free and open to the public.

Who knows .. I may even show up.

".. thy servant was busy here and there .." - I Kings 20:40a

No comments: