Friday, August 28, 2009

Relay for Life .. Happy Birthday!

This will be a very brief post (I really mean it this time).

I have been trying all morning (which has made the morning quite trying, btw) to sign in to my blogger.com account so I could make my reader's (or should that be readers' .. I think I was right the first time) day complete (kind of a Jerry Maguire thing .. without the little kid with glasses).

At first I thought it was a problem with MY computer. However, I'm a "Mac" and not a "PC" .. so that ruled out that theory.

I even went to the office (now that's loyalty .. it's my day off) to make sure there wasn't an issue with my ISP or home network (yes, I have my own television station).

Same problem there.

Finally, I'm up and running and the problem seems to be resolved .. for now.

However, since I have "more than I can say grace over" (never understood that quip .. how long does it actually take to say 'grace'? .. it's such a short word .. AMAZING!) today, I'm just checking in to let you know I haven't died, or worse .. deserted the blog.

Tonight I will emcee the Relay for Life 2009 Celebrity Waiters Dinner (or as I like to call it .. R4L2009CWD .. now that's far more catchy) here in Humboldt to celebrate the 25th birthday of the event.

I agreed to do this when Dr. Ernesto Chioco asked for my assistance several weeks ago. However, I really didn't fully understand what I was agreeing to.

If you've met "Dr. Ernie," you know "he's not from around here" (he wasn't born in Gibson County) and sometimes his English is a little difficult to understand.

I thought he was asking for help with a FUN Raiser.

Evidently, I was mistaken.

However, it is for a worthy cause and hopefully we can raise awareness and money to help with the fight against cancer.

"Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise." - Jeremiah 17:14

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I thought I was going to have to call to check on you when I could't find you at 8:4'ish (my normal check-in time). Glad it was just a "glitch" and nothing a little time couldn't cure.

Jack said...

Relay for Life is a great thing to support. For some inspiration and perspective on what it's really all about, I invite you to check out this video -- ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/1848 -- about one woman’s “aha moment” when she realized the remarkable impact of Relay and the American Cancer Society and dedicated herself to doing all she could for the cause. I think you’ll enjoy it and hope you’ll also check out the rest of the site, which was created by Mutual of Omaha to highlight inspirational stories and “aha moments” of all kinds.

Best -- jack@ahamoment.com