Monday, August 17, 2009

Plunge Me 'Neath the Cleansing Flood


Today is another one of those days.

I'm speaking in Memphis at eleven o'clock to the Forerunners (senior adults) at Bellevue Baptist Church, going to see a friend in the hospital there (Memphis .. not Bellevue .. they are big but not that big), attending a monthly deacon's meeting and .. finally .. rehearsing afterward (7:30ish?) for a Humboldt Music Club program that will take place on Tuesday night.

Since time is of the essence (or .. thyme is of the essence .. if you are a chef), I am posting a video clip today so I don't have to come up with something clever (or .. cleaver .. if you are a chef) to say.

Yesterday I had the privilege of baptizing one of the children from FBC who has been my "buddy" for quite some time. She even brought me a gift of her own choosing (four quarters, one peppermint, and a pack of Eclipse gum) beforehand.

Sophie, thanks for NOT doing this.

"The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone." - Exodus 15:5

No comments: