Saturday, August 8, 2009

RevKev to Receive Merritt Badge

I admit it. The last thing I wanted to do this weekend was attend a men's conference (not very spiritual sounding is it? .. as far as that goes .. neither is anything I write on this blog).

My schedule has been more than a little crazy of late (and early .. it's now slightly after 4:00 AM) and I didn't need one more thing to add to my list of "to dos" .. to do. However, I wanted to support the Messiah's Men Ministry of FBC (over thirty of our guys were already signed up and I had missed an event .. or two .. in the past) by participating in IMPACT1: Discovering the Power of ONE, led by Dr. James Merritt (It Takes 1 to Know ONE was already filled).

I can honestly say (as opposed to lying .. like I normally do) after being there last night, I can't wait for this morning's sessions.

The worship time (led by Ken Bowman and the Chapel Hill Praise Band/Team) was energetic and spirit-filled and the messages/teachings of Dr. Merritt were clear and convicting.

We all need a fresh touch from God from time to time.

Last night I got a shove and a slap or two.

Thanks, Lord. I needed that.

"And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself."
- Judges 16:20b

No comments: