Saturday, August 29, 2009

Gone Fishin'

We raised over six thousand dollars for the American Cancer Society at last evening's R4L2009CWD (that's really starting to catch on). Not bad for a "football night" and with the economy the way it is.

I probably picked on Dr. Chioco a little too much, but he was a good sport .. and it got laughs (to quote Mr. Spock from the 1982 film, Star Trek: The Wrath of Kahn .. 'the needs of the comedian outweigh the needs of the doc' .. or something like that).

Since this is Saturday and my headache (I'm on day three now) is still lingering, I decided trying to "think and write" (although I never worried about this every day of my life occurrence before) would be almost impossible.

So .. here is another video clip (this is an old 'preacher trick' .. when they don't have anything prepared, we seem to always have a 'testimony time' .. you're not fooling anyone).

I love this Tim Hawkins song parody.

I hope you will too (even if you don't .. that's what you're getting).

"Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?"
- Matthew 7:10

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hope your headache is better. Maybe you should put an icepack under a hat and wear it to church. I doubt anyone would notice...