Monday, January 19, 2009

And Then There's Mauve


While checking my email at 3 o'clock this morning (Allegra-D - for fast and sustained seasonal allergy congestion relief .. and guaranteed insomnia), I noticed a "Hot Color Tip" from overstock.com (who needs an interior designer? .. I'm taking all my advice from a website that also sells one of these click here .. Georgann, I know you probably already have one .. if not, Chloe would love it).

Yet I digress.

The 'Hot Color Tip" was: for a new look in your room, add a little mauve to the mix! This hip color will add to your decor, especially when paired with accents like turquoise .. etc.

Ah, mauve and turquoise .. I remember them well.

They were the "hot' colors we used to paint the fellowship hall at Lee Street Baptist Church in Valdosta, Georgia (1990 or 91 .. I believe). Unfortunately, by the time the project was completed, they were "out" and cinnamon (or some similar spice color) was "in."

We were so "1990s" before the second coat dried.

They say if you wait long enough, things will come back in style (I have two boxes .. one is full of 'Dick Van Dyke Show' one inch wide neckties .. the ties in the other box are wide enough to use as a lobster bib).

I'm still waiting for the peach colored tile in this old house to make a miraculous comeback .. or has it, already?

I'm checking my email.

3 comments:

Georgann said...

Well that is the cutest thing i have ever seen. So don't be surprised if you see Chloe in one.
Also mauve surely the comeback will be short and ugly!!

Anonymous said...

What? When did mauve ever leave? Did it fly away with all the country kitchen geese?

Anonymous said...

Mauve, you have to be kidding me. I thought PINK was the new mauve. Chloe would be adorable in the Viking Red, even though I know black is more chic and sophisticated.