Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside


It's 20° degrees outside this morning and the heat hasn't kicked on yet (the thermostat is on a timer: 64° at night/68° in the morning .. starting at 5:30 am) here at "this old house."

I'm at the computer wearing a fleece-lined "hoody" jacket and a toboggan (the 'stocking cap' .. not the long, flat-bottomed light sled made usually of thin boards curved up at one end with usually low handrails at the side), waiting for the hot air to flow (insert joke of your choice, here).

It's going to be cold this week in West Tennessee, with temperatures dipping down in the teens the next few nights .. brrr!

Most people hate cold weather and can't wait for summer to get here.

Not me. I hate summer.

In the summer it's .. hot .. AND .. heat makes me sweat .. AND .. sweat reminds me of physical labor .. AND .. physical labor reminds me why I entered the ministry in the first place: to avoid the aforementioned, physical labor (it's kind of a 'circle of life' thing).

Granted, if I had to be out in the elements for extended periods of time, I would be more likely to long for warmer weather. However, since I'm not .. bring on the cold, baby.

There, I've done it .. an entire blog entry talking about the weather.

Riveting, wasn't it?

Tomorrow's topic is .. dryer lint: the good, the bad and the ugly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope Jim Jaggers is reading today and enjoys your weather analysis. Maybe he will invite you to be his guest host someday......we can dream, can't we?

RevKev♫ said...

I think that was a one time thing. I'm sure he's moved on to bigger and better blogs.

Anonymous said...

Might be bigger, but none better!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes....The harvest is plentiful, but the PHYSICAL laborers are few ... or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Dave Brown will read this and send some comments your way. Meanwhile, I'm harvesting some dryer lint in anticipation of tomorrow's hot topic...

Cathy said...

Finally, someone who appreciates cold weather like I do. I always say...you can put on a LOT more than you can take off. The only way I like hot weather is when I'm in the water; otherwise, "no sweat".