Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Bird in the Hand Is Worth Two in the Mouth

Every year Antioch Baptist Church in Humboldt has a "Men's Quail Supper" and because of my love for the great outdoors (I stepped in some manure, once) I get an invitation to attend.

This year's "guy gathering" took place last night and the food and fellowship were second to none.

Ken Luckey (the birds were not quite as) and crew did a great job feeding the five thousand (it seemed like that many .. I was at the end of the line) and no one went away hungry.

During the exodus of the children of Israel, the people didn't much like the menu God was providing (manna in the morning .. manna in the evening .. manna at suppertime) for them. They wanted meat, so .. He gave them quail to eat .. tons of quail to eat. In fact, they ate so much of this "blessed bird," scripture says it was "coming out of their noses."

Well, I had my fair share last night, but not to the point of quail actually coming out of the old "snozzola."

I've been congested lately and my nose is all "stopped up."

This is probably a good thing .. especially, for those who sat across from me.

No comments: