Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm Forever Grateful

I received pies, candy, some country ham, gift cards, etc. (the list goes on) over the holidays and I am, finally, getting around to writing "thank you" notes (I'm blogging about it to 'force' my hand and make me accountable .. I'm such a procrastinator).

I, usually, do this before the first of the year (or .. just after the first of the year .. January 2nd or 3rd). However, with the kids home and the cats hopping from table to table, I had a difficult time staying focused (I have all the symptoms of ADHD .. I'm not on medicine .. I need to be on medicine, I'm pretty sure) enough to write them.

People are always so kind during the Christmas season (it soothes their conscience when they treat me like dirt the rest of the year .. just kidding .. for the most part) and I want them to know how much I appreciate their thoughtfulness.

A little note is the very least I can do.

When I say it's the least I can do .. I mean it (I make my own cards from old 'thank you' notes: you can cut off the old names or just black them out with a pen .. I leave them in a stack in the office .. no stamps to buy .. and I just email everyone and tell them to pick up theirs between the hours of 8:30 and 5:00, Monday through Friday).

I had better get started. Each card is unique ('Dear (fill in name) .. Thanks for the Christmas gift .. Kevin') and this takes longer to write.

Also, I need to finish off a few more "thank yous" from a previous event: My high school graduation.

I told you I was a procrastinator.

2 comments:

Susan Nelson said...

I loved getting caught up on your life today. I have been very busy trying to load my new digital frame and make it do what I wanted it to do. Come to find out it was old technology (boy could I have used you. I think you've had a computer since the processors took up a whole room) so I had to number every picture in the order I wanted them to show in the frame (No, it WASN'T in the instructions). I always look forward to your blog. I feel now like I haven't lost track of you and I don't have to depend on Tom T. Kitty to update me.

RevKev♫ said...

I saw Wayne, Christine and the kids (adorable) at Wolfchase last Saturday night. Did he tell you?