Thursday, January 22, 2009

Once More from the Top


The Tennessee Mens Chorale will be in the studio (which is the choir loft at First Baptist, Nashville) recording a new CD with the Tennessee Ladies Chorus today. Since I am a part of this group (the men .. though I am fairly 'in touch' with my feminine side), I have to make today's post brief and head on out toward "Music City" (Nashville .. not the huge discount band instrument retailer .. our prices are INSANE).

As of Monday, there were 75 TLC members (that's a lot of estrogen!) and 91 TMC singers (with 91 different opinions .. each one absolutely correct .. on how our director should be interpreting the music) registered to participate.

The icing on the cake (Weight Watchers friendly and only 3 points per slice) will be singing some of the pieces with the Nashville Praise Symphony, directed by Camp Kirkland.

I am excited, even though I am already very familiar with the music industry. In fact, I am under contract with Columbia House Records.

I get 20 CDs or tapes for only $1.99.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture looks like you at dress rehearsal for the big cantata!