Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Like the Way You Think


I write, quite a bit, about my wife's love for sleeping in and her "abuse" of the snooze button on our alarm clock. It makes for an entertaining "read," and it's the absolute truth (as opposed to the out and out lies I often tell).

Well, she was up this morning before I got out of bed and she's working out, at this very moment, to an exercise DVD (the song, 'New Attitude' is ringing throughout the house .. Patti LaBelle is one of the most effective alarms I've ever heard .. trumped only, perhaps, by the voice of Gilbert Gottfried).

Cheryl has made a commitment to a "healthier her" (plus she likes to look 'fine' for her man) and getting up and moving (though, against the way she's .. wired) early in the morning is the best way to accomplish this.

When I had my dog, Shadow, I got up very early in the morning (well before daylight) to take him for a walk. Often, it was cold .. bitter cold. Many times, it was raining. A few times, there was snow. This didn't matter. It was part of the commitment of being a pet owner.

Blogging is tough.

When I started doing this back in May (has it really been that long?), little did I know .. let's just leave it at that: little did I know.

When someone writes in a diary, they are the only one who sees it (unless someone else sneaks into their room, slips it out from under the mattress, and reads the entries, before they get home from school.. Donnie Osmond? .. come on, Terri .. he has no substance .. just teeth and hair).

Writing a daily (except for Sundays, now) blog for the whole world (okay, the greater Humboldt area) to see, requires a deep level of commitment (often, I'm told I should have been committed a long time ago).

I don't take this task, lightly.

I know there are those who find this spot a "safe haven." A place where you can escape, if only for a few minutes, the toils and snares of "the daily grind."

I, willingly, accept this responsibility and have committed myself to being "Mr. Funnypants" for you, my loyal (pathetic: really need to get a life) readers.

It's my destiny and I will continue to fulfill it (until, I get bored .. then, you're on your own).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pathetic, yea, maybe....but you know the old saying "birds of a feather". Flock, yes, that is biblical so maybe now us loyal, need to get a life readers should be referred to as "your" flock. Is that anything like a cult?

RevKev♫ said...

Just don't drink the Kool-Aid .. even if I offer. I can't afford to lose choir members. Have a great day!

Susan Nelson said...

The greater Humboldt area. What are Tom T. Kitty and I? Chopped liver? (ugh!) You have in fact expanded your boundaries to Gilt Edge and Memphis, TN. To be honest with you, I look forward to your blog every day. When you can't drive and you live out in the country (My kids say it's the end of the world. I just tell them the end of the world is 10 miles north of here.)it is nice to be able to connect with the rest of humanity. Keep writing, Kevin. You never know who needs you, jokes and all.

Anonymous said...

Kevin's Kult?????
Next thing you know, he'll have his own TV show (and gleaming pearly whites like a certain TV preacher whose name will go unmentioned)!

Anonymous said...

I feel about like chopped liver over here in South Carolina. I know it has been a while since I have been on, but shoot (duck!), I have been busy.

Love to you and Cheryl!