Sunday, January 4, 2009

In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning


Megan and Will "loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly .. Hills, that is .. swimming pools .. movie stars" (actually, they loaded up the car and moved back to Wilmington .. swimming pools .. movie stars: 'One Tree Hill' is filmed there).

They left Humboldt at 1:00 PM (I know .. I can't believe it, either) and arrived at 3:00 (make that 3:03 .. that's when I got the text message) AM.

I had been praying for their safety and the Lord heard my cries (yes, I did some of that) and answered my prayers (He's so awesome .. there really needs to be a song about that .. never mind .. it appears, there is).

So, here we sit .. in a house with neither kid nor cat.

To help make the transition a little smoother for Cheryl (she loves those cats ALMOST as much as the children), I will be suddenly leaving one room and running to another, staring out the window at squirrels, and jumping up on the back of the couch .. from time to time.

I need to go. Cheryl has the flashlight and I have to do some "light beam chasing."

If I'm good, she might rub my belly.

1 comment:

Susan Nelson said...

Hey Kevin, if you think you had cat antics, try having two dogs and a cat. Now that's what I call chaos. Check out my blog today and you will see what I am talking about.