Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How Do You Like Them Apples?


Those of you who know me, which is pretty much becoming anyone who follows this blog .. I bare my body (functions), mind (losing it) and soul (does the man really have one??) .. know I'm a "Mac Guy." Since the Macworld Conference & Expo is taking place (January 5-9 in San Francisco) as we (make that .. I) speak, today's blog is Apple related.

There was a time when I was made to feel like a second class citizen or uninformed about what a real computer was capable of doing (for crying out loud, Sandra Bullock practically saved the world in 1995 with an Apple Computer and a 3.5" floppy diskette .. didn't you see 'The Net?').

Well, it's a new day.

Even the most diehard PC geek (and I use the term affectionately .. geek, not PC) probably has an iPod (granted, they could own a Zune, but .. who would admit that?) which requires the user to have Apple's iTunes installed on their Windoz based computer.

I realize the PC dominates the market when it comes to sales and the number of PCs far exceeds the number of Macs. There are, also, more cockroaches than humans on the planet. Which do you think is the more intelligent life form?

At the present, I have at my house: a "fruit-flavored" iMac, an upgraded "Sawtooth" G4, a Mac mini, a MacBook Pro (core duo 2), a first AND second generation iPod Shuffle, an iPod Touch, and an iPhone 3G. I, also, own a lot (this is a relative term .. there's not tons of software by the mother company) of Apple software (iLife, iWork, Final Cut Express, etc.).

If you add to this list, the hand-me-down iPods, iMacs and eMacs my kids have, you can see that I am sold on the product. In fact, I could be a spokesman for the product to potential "switchers" (or 'dyed in the wool' Winblows users, as far as that goes).

You can tell, I'm a very vocal Mac fanatic.

I am, also, a "Christ follower" who has seen the Light (of the world) and experienced, first-hand, the love and forgiveness He has to offer.

Lord, help me to be as passionate for You as I am for Steve Jobs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wool has to be "dyed" - just a tip

RevKev♫ said...

Good catch, coach!

Susan Nelson said...

I am but a wayward PC user, but I can relate to your love of the Mac. I used them in school. However, my husband is a devout follower of the mighty PC and if I want a computer (and harmony in our marriage) I will have to use a PC.

Anonymous said...

Could someone who speaks "geek" please translate this article for me? I have no idea what Revkev is talking about! Has he been drinking too much Nyquil, perhaps?