Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bringing SaxyBack .. I Was in the Band

Today is the birthday of acclaimed American designer, Tommy Hilfiger and since "high fashion" is one of the very first things you think of when you see me (Clinton and Stacy from TLC's 'What Not to Wear' keep trying to surprise me in public .. I've given them the 'slip' three times, so far), I wanted to acknowledge TH's (that's what all his friends call him) special day.

Perhaps I'm not the most "fashion-savvy" guy in Humboldt (no camo before Labor Day??), but I do recognize nice clothes when I see them.

Unfortunately, I shop based almost entirely (okay .. entirely) by what's on the price-tag.

If something is on the clearance rack (at 70% or more, a tiny tear often falls down my face .. it's a beautiful thing) and within a size or two of what fits, it will make it in to my shopping cart. In my eyes, there's so such thing as an ugly $4 shirt (Cheryl doesn't quite hold to that way of thinking and often refuses to be seen in public with me .. I'm relatively sure it's the clothes, but I can't be certain).

Last Saturday, Cheryl and I went shopping in Jackson (THE fashion capitol of the world .. they have a TJ Maxx, you know) and she made it very clear she was not to be rushed (sometimes I try to encourage her to complete her purchases in a timely manner). She didn't mind me going, but if I was in a hurry (who? .. me?), we needed to take two cars.

At the end of the day (this is not an expression .. it WAS at the end of the day), I had bought three shirts, a pair of pants, shoes and three 100% wool blazers.

Cheryl got a skirt .. and blisters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have in my possession a most interesting high-fashion photo of the Rev in a skirt...no,not a kilt, a SKIRT. It(the photo, not the skirt!) could be for sale to the highest bidder...heheheheh!