Monday, March 16, 2009

It's Monday!!!


I'm a morning person .. usually. Today, however, there was a tear in my eye when I heard the alarm go off (I sort of went off for a minute or two, myself) at five o'clock.

After a long weekend, the last thing I wanted to do this morning was get out of my warm bed and step into the cold (60° degrees in this old house), cruel (yo mamma so fat she had to go to Sea World to get baptized) world.

Like The Carpenters (the musical group .. not Frank Jackson and crew) .. "rainy days and Mondays always get me down." Fortunately, the skies are clear (if we had precipitation right now .. I'd be eating Lexapro like candy) and that makes things a little more bearable.

As the day progresses, I will start transforming into the Kevin everyone knows and .. tolerates.

I'm now on my third cup of coffee and that metamorphosis is occurring rather slowly (I'm still in the larva or possibly the pupa stage).

If you need to speak with me today, I'd probably wait until after lunch .. way after lunch.

"The Moody Blues" is not just an English rock band.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep my distance today. Maybe this mornings attitude had something to do with a bit too much river yesterday.....bet the dance is responsible. Maybe you are water logged!

RevKev♫ said...

Are you implying I'm "all washed up?" I'm already much better and it's just past eleven o'clock.

j~lo said...

Ahhhh... Now there's the moody-melancholy-hot/cold-could-be-emo-if-he-were-only-younger Kevin I remember so fondly ;)