Thursday, March 19, 2009

He Shoots .. He Scores

If you love basketball, this is your time of the year.

The TSSAA tournament is going on this week in Murfreesboro (Humboldt lost in the final seconds of Wednesday's game, 63-60 .. great season, guys!!) .. the NAIA Division I National Women's Championship started yesterday at Oman Arena in Jackson (Union girls rule!!) .. and the NCAA "March Madness" (not the mental disorder sometimes found in band members after a long parade .. however, we do need to raise awareness of this condition .. it's almost as bad as .. 'dance fever') has begun.

I'm not much of a sports guy (I only go to a football game to see the half-time show), but it's easy to get "sucked in" to all the excitement.

If the University of Memphis makes it to the "Final Four" (someone had to tell me what that was .. apparently, it's not the name of a comic book superhero team), I will be watching with all you Tiger fans (sorry, Tennessee enthusiasts .. I see enough 'orange' looking at our circa 1980 church carpet).

Cheryl has been there for the Vikings all season. She has attended every game, cheering and encouraging the team from the stands.

I've been a "silent" follower. I do support the team, but you would never know it by my attendance (or lack, thereof) at their games.

Many claim to love Christ and His church. However, actions speak louder than words.

Are you a silent follower?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tigers Rule! Go, Memphis!

RevKev♫ said...

You are showing your true stripes.

Anonymous said...

You got that right...those stripes are blue and grey! Go, Tigers!