Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Update


Cheryl and I pulled in to Humboldt last night around 8:30 PM, completing a long, food-filled (hey, the weather didn't cooperate .. what else was there to do?? .. man, I AM getting old!!) weekend in Chattanooga.

Since Friday and Saturday's blog entries were written entirely about .. food (Sunday's non-entry sort of alluded to it), here is a run down (btw, that's exactly how I'm feeling at this early hour) of all our other meals.

Saturday lunch: pizza .. personal pan pizza.

I can't remember the name of the little "hole in the wall" (actually, that might have been the name .. ), but our son had taken us there on a previous visit and we were psyched (when you hit fifty, that's about as good as it gets) because it was sooo good last time.

We were not disappointed this go around, either (yum .. I'm not getting into that trap again!! .. that was my final yum .. promise).

Dinner (that's what people in a sophisticated town like Chattanooga call supper) was at Sweet Basil (where Megan and Will used to work .. I have mentioned it a couple of times before on this blog) and I can never say enough (watch it) good about this place. It has the very best Thai food I have ever eaten.

As an added treat, we called Megan while we there and she was able to speak with the owner, Song (love the name .. it's music to my ears) .. who inquired about their lack of children .. I believe her exact phrase was, "why you have no baby, yet?" (thinking about starting a family? .. no need to seek advice from your doctor, friends, or clergy .. call an Asian restaurateur).

Sunday lunch was Drew's choice (next week is his birthday) and he chose, of all places .. Cracker Barrel. We all ate breakfast (at 1 PM in the afternoon) and it "tasted mighty good" (I had pancakes with cherries .. fruit topping: because I'm trying to eat healthier .. and whipped cream).

Afterwards, we stopped by Drew's apartment, said "hi" to Alfie, his tailless cat (the purrfect pet for a tailless owner .. Drew has no 'junk in the trunk' .. he's a Hamilton) and then took off for Humboldt (with an extended stop at Opry Mills Mall in Nashvegas).

Jason's Deli in Jackson was the last stop on our "weekend eating binge" and the ham muffalettas with soup on the side (I spilled a little soup on my side) were great .. as always.

I will not be eating anything for the remainder of the week ..

Starting right after breakfast .. no 'mo bacon, no 'mo country ham .. no 'mo ....

"And having food and raiment let us be therewith content." - I Timothy 6:8

2 comments:

erin said...

Just remember Leviticus 3:16b, "All the fat is the Lord's." :)

Anonymous said...

possibly Drew took you guys to Lupi's...it's one of my favorites.