Saturday, March 28, 2009

Get the Duck


Last night, Cheryl and I ate at Drew's restaurant (it appears this blog is turning into some type of 'food critic's corner' .. btw, yesterday I had the country ham at Loveless Cafe and it would make you want to 'slap your momma' .. however, that might hurt her and tick dad off .. only order it if you are willing to put a strain on your relationship or cut off all family ties .. consider yourself warned).

Table2 is an upscale yuppy hangout (I didn't look at all out of place with my 'old man jeans' and 'tourist tennis shoes' with velcro) that offers a menu of items you don't normally find (at least not where I eat .. like the Humboldt Grill) at other places.

Drew brought us an appetizer of Bison (that's what I said when we left .. 'bye son' .. thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen .. I'll be here all week .. I've got a million of 'em) TarTar and Vidalia Onion (yum) and then he suggested I try the duck.

I don't think I've ever had duck (unless it was one of those mystery meats at a 'wild critter supper' I've attended). It was tender, tasty and .. delicious (although I kept thinking about poor Daisy having to raise all those little ducklings alone .. without Donald).

The meal concluded with a wonderful bread pudding (made from zucchini bread .. double yum) served with homemade walnut ice cream (triple yum .. it's a good thing we stopped there .. I was running out of yums).

So, there you have it .. what I had to eat yesterday.

This blog has definitely jumped the shark.

Tomorrow is Sunday .. my day off from blogging and a time to collect my thoughts and regroup.

It couldn't come at a better time. I was considering writing about my trip to Walmart to buy Sudafed and toilet paper.

"A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards." - Proverbs 29:11

1 comment:

Tom T. Kitty said...

Are you moonlighting as a food critic now? Tell those folks on the Finance Committee at church to give you a raise!