Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweeter As the Days Go By


Yesterday, I discovered an article on CNN.com about a West African fruit that turns sour things sweet.

It is tiny in size, the color of a cranberry, shaped like an almond, and flavorless. However, after chewing this "miracle fruit" and rubbing the pulp (I'm telling the truth .. this is not pulp fiction) against your tongue, the little berry can "trip up the taste buds" and, for about 15 to 30 minutes, turn anything sour .. sweet.

Grapefruits become "great fruits."

Lemons stop causing you to pucker .. because they now taste like .. a "sucker."

Tabasco (a sauce known for being hot) is suddenly .. "not."

That's all of the Seussisms for today. Come back tomorrow. You never know what I will .. say.

I'm sorry. It's an illness.

Some researchers believe the berries can help people with diabetes and obesity (hey, I'm not fat .. I'm just two feet shorter than I should be) problems because they are natural and, unlike sugar, have very few calories.

If you have a "bitter pill to swallow," give these a try.

I'm keeping a handful in my pocket before going to choir on Wednesday nights.

Maybe it will help my "Gregory House-like" disposition and I can go from being bitter (mad) to .. "glad."

This is getting sad .. and ..... bad.

"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." - Psalm 34:8

No comments: