Friday, December 26, 2008

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Drew has to be back at work this afternoon, so he is gathering his (now clean) clothes, packing up his Christmas gifts (that won't take long .. we're in a recession, you know) and getting ready to head east, in an hour or so.

It's always a blessing to have the "kids' in, even if it's for a couple of days. However, it seems to get harder every time when we have to (re)say "goodbye" and watch them back out (be careful, those cars fly over that hill) of the driveway.

The upside is Meg is still here .. so are her cats (oh joy .. rapture!). They are not bad cats. They are just .. cats. Nuff said.

I am my mother's child, so I am required .. by law, I believe .. to worry about my children 24/7. This means I have to "endure" Drew's four hour drive (with rain in the forecast) and wait by the phone to hear he has made it safely "home." As a side note, he won't remember to call and I will have to call him. This is the way it works. Always has. Always will.

Our time together was brief. However, we managed to eat a lot of good food, watched a few movies on DVD, and attended the church's Christmas Eve service as one big, happy family (cats not included .. sorry Jack & Dewey).

This was, definitely, a Christmas to remember .. and since my memory is not what it used to be ..

I have photographic evidence.

No comments: