Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Busy Side of Christmas


It's December 2 and I am already in a mad dash (I don't mean to be mad .. it just happens) toward Christmas.

This morning, the West Tennessee Music Ministers will be singing for the pastors and wives at Union University's, Luther Hall (I think I went to high school with him). This is an annual event and a rare opportunity to sing without hearing a sermon afterwards. It's a great time with "the guys" (and Teresa) and we get to enjoy a good meal (it's the only perk, besides free parking).

Tonight, I am speaking to a group of pastors and wives (notice how pastors don't seem to have much to do but go to parties in December?) in Missouri .. or Arkansas .. I'm not sure which (I suppose I better try to find out). It will be a long night (even longer if they don't laugh) and I'll be getting home late.

If I could just do my job (that's what everyone at church is saying), December wouldn't be such a killer. I would still be stressed and frazzled, but I could survive.

It's the extra curricular activities for the month (parties, and banquets, and concerts .. oh my) that have me going in several different directions (Missouri .. Arkansas .. I really do need to find that email) and feeling overwhelmed.

I know there's no one to blame but myself (I tried to pin it on someone else .. nope, didn't work). I set my own schedule during the holiday season and should have learned my lesson by now.

Well, I suppose I'm a slow learner (talk with any of my old professors) and a glutton for punishment (hit me again .. please) because .. oops, I did it again.

This concludes today's edition (it's an early edition .. written just after four a.m.) of the blog. I have to finish working on my program for tonight.

I just wish I knew where I was going.

No comments: