Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Too Close to Call


Well, I was thrown into the lion's den (see yesterday's post) last night with a three-ringed notebook full of blog clippings and quite a bit of trepidation. I did survive, but .. just barely.

My brand of comedy is, certainly, an "acquired taste," which by definition is: one that is unpleasant on immediate experience or is likeable only after experienced repeatedly. You either "get me" or .. not.

Some got. Some .. not.

This is perfectly alright. In fact, it is the story of my life. My "off the cuff" remarks and "off the wall" sense of humor have gotten me more stares than that "weird guy" (every town has one) who walks down the street talking to himself.

Speaking of that ..

What's the deal with those bluetooth earpieces everyone has these days? I understand using them if you need to have your hands free for something else .. like typing or driving. However, just to wear one when you're out and about? Now, when you see a guy talking and there's no one around, you can't tell if he's a high-powered executive or a crazy derelict.

Back to last night.

I don't know that I bombed. I just don't think I was a big hit. What tipped me off? Many wouldn't make eye contact afterwards. Perhaps, just a coincidence .. perhaps, not.

In the old days, if you were "thrown to the lions," you didn't fare so well.

At least, I lived to tell about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What on earth were you doing up at 3 a.m.? I was sleeping in "heavenly peace" at that hour. I am sure you did JUST FINE last night. Next time you might consider hiring some of your "faithful" to go along and influence the crowd.

RevKev♫ said...

I don't sleep much these days. Yes, I could have used some help last night. Next time, I'll rally the troops!

Anonymous said...

You where talking about the "bluetooth earpieces" in California you are required by law to use them while driving so almost everybody who has a cell phone has an earpiece. You can imagine how many people are "talking to themselves" around here. You would fit right in. LOL

RevKev♫ said...

I'm with California on this one. Too many crazy Tennessee drivers are talking and texting at 65 mph! Good to hear from you, Sara.

Anonymous said...

Oh we can, and do, still text at that speed and more (our freeway is 70mph. Well atleast until Jan we can still text. :)