Monday, December 1, 2008

Amazing Race, How Sweet the Sound

It seemed like everyone I talked to yesterday at church was stressed. Many were students and this is a very busy time of the year for them with tests, papers and deadlines. I didn't have the heart to tell them this is the very best time in their life and it's all downhill from here (yes, encouragement is my spiritual gift). Oh well, they'll find out soon enough.

The parents are stressed. The kids are stressed. All God's chilin' got stress!

Music ministers are no exception.

December is here (I checked my calendar this morning) and we will be wearing running shoes until Christmas. It's a marathon and I'm already having trouble at the starting line (I'm 'overbooked" this week and being omnipresent is not something I've mastered).

It's a long race, so there will be many opportunities to catch up before December 25. I just hope I don't trip on something (or someone) and land on my face .. or worse. Also, I hope I am not required to take a blood test (I plan to be heavily medicated in order to actually cross the finish line).

They may strip me of a gold medal, but I'll still live to race again .. around Easter.

No comments: