Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Has Officially Come to Humboldt


Last night we had our annual community tree lighting at Bailey Park and it was a really cool event. Actually, it was a really cold event.

I had the "privilege" of leading Christmas carols in the 27° degree weather and man was that a challenge! My teeth chattered so much, someone asked me afterwards who was accompanying me on the xylophone. Now, that's cold!

I am just now beginning to feel my toes again (feelings .. nothing more than .. feelings) and I made a promise to never take them for granted again. When I got home last night, I had to put my feet in a bucket of ice just to warm them up a little!

Despite the freezing temperature and bitter wind (I'm not quite sure why it was so bitter .. perhaps it had been jilted), the crowd was good and in good spirits (probably because Santa was there and "he knows when you've been bad or good").

One interesting observation: there were no well diggers in sight.

Pity. The weather was tailor made for them.

No comments: