Sunday, December 21, 2008

Who Let the Cats Out?


Megan and Will arrived before 4:30 yesterday afternoon (it's another Christmas miracle .. forgive me for doubting) with their cats, Jack and Dewey.

Jack made himself at home right away, but Dewey found it necessary to hide under the bed for a little while (like I do when Cheryl has yard work for me) before making an appearance.

Now, they are both quite comfortable in their new environment and I have to fight for my regular spot on the couch and at the dining room table.

I'm a dog person. I spend so much time in the dog house, I readily identify with my canine counterpart, plus I had a golden retriever for many years (this will be our first Christmas without Shadow .. he was the best) and he made me feel like I was the most important person in the world. When I arrived home after a long day at work, there was a lot of tail wagging (his was wagging .. mine was dragging) and it really boosted my spirits.

A cat can "take you or leave you." They might acknowledge your presence at the end of a work day .. they might not. It just depends on their mood at the time of your arrival.

They, also, like to suddenly leave a room .. without warning or reason. What's that all about?

Cats are curious creatures. In fact, one is half way up the trunk of my Christmas tree at this very moment.

Please excuse me. I must go and help prevent a catastrophe.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Tell Meg "Hi" for me and I know you are glad to have her home. We have a cat that sleeps on the bottom branches of our tree. I stopped fighting it and just took the decorations around it off and took a picture of him. There ya go. Have fun! Merry Christmas!

RevKev♫ said...

Good to hear from you. I'll tell Megan you said hello. Merry Christmas to you two too!