Monday, December 29, 2008

Don't Spamalot


Even with high-tech computer filtering, I still get quite a bit of "spam" each and every day.

I won't explain the term "spam" .. if you are not familiar with this word, you would have no idea what a "blog" is .. hence, you would not be reading revkev's daily accounts of life, as seen through these eyes of .. cynicism. If you don't know what cynicism is .. (today's post has already taken a bad turn, it appears) .

If I were to believe every claim that comes through my "in box", I could buy prescription meds for pennies on the dollar; I would be able to reconnect with dozens of old classmates; I could retrieve hundreds of ecard that "someone" has sent me; and Cheryl could be totally satisfied .. yeah, right.

This morning, I checked my email to find the message, "Hey Baby, Wanna Party?" I have received this invite from many "hot babes with webcams" before. Today, however, the email was from (are you ready for this?) .. Bertha.

Bertha? Bertha? This disturbs me (so it must be bad).

I'm not "in" to the party scene, but if I were, someone named Bertha would probably not be the one to make all my wildest dreams come true (Vote for Pedro!).

Bertha is the name of someone's grandmother! Call me weird, but .. the thought of dentures and the smell of BENGAY® doesn't really "get my motor going."

BTW, I believe Baby Boomers will, one day, be held accountable for naming their children names like Megan (guilty as charged), Heather, and Tiffany. Those sound fine in the "early days." However, they are terrible grandmother names. Grandmothers go by Eunice, Clara and, yes .. Bertha!

One thing is for certain. I have no desire to be with anyone but my wife, so you "spammers" can quit wasting bandwidth on me. Even better, go find a job that doesn't bother people .. like telemarketing.

I've found the woman of my dreams. Kevin + Cheryl, 4 ever.

Frightening, isn't it, honey?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes ... my grandmother's name was Bertha ... for real ... and I remember cotton stockings (purchased each Christmas at Nando Jones) rolled at the knees and her hair painstakingly pinned with little bobby pins in little wavy ruffles all around her head ...but she was my grandmama and I thought she was cute! (Just glad I did not become her namesake!)

Anonymous said...

I am in Knoxville Kevo seeing my daughter. Can you give me Bertha'a phone number.

DAve

RevKev♫ said...

Jennifer .. did she keep her house key pinned to the inside of her dress? Dave .. feeling old and lonely?