Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ho, Ho, Ho .. Make that Old, Old, Old


Several posts back, I wrote about growing facial hair. Though not one of the more exciting subjects of late, it's where I am at this point in my life.

We all need to "mix things up" every once-in-a-while, and this was something I could do that didn't affect others .. or so I thought.

Love it (a handful do) or hate it (my approval rating is worse than George W's), people have an opinion about the new, older looking .. me. Not only do they have an opinion, they feel it necessary, yea, even their duty (I haven't used the word duty in a while .. that felt so good) to share that opinion with me, openly, honestly and .. frequently.

I find it interesting that women can change their hair style and color as quickly as they change their minds (no nasty comments, ladies) and expect it to go either 1) unnoticed and without comment or 2) noticed and with rave reviews.

I'm sorry, but if your hair is jet black on Thursday and platinum blonde on Friday, I'm probably going to stare at the top of your head when we hold a conversation. I will not, however, say one negative word .. to your face. That is reserved for later, as I meet and greet the citizens of Humboldt (one of the curses/privileges of living in a small town).

So, I'm just saying if you are somewhat disturbed or appalled by my unsightly appearance, please reserve comment for the appropriate place .. behind my back.

That's the way I like it, uh huh, uh huh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you are well aware, I have voiced my opinion about the facial hair (to your face) Sorry, I was unaware I needed to wait until your back was turned..... All I will say is after awhile "it grows on you". No pun intended!

RevKev♫ said...

I was going for an intelligent look .. like a professor or scientist. It has ended up looking like "Freddie the Freeloader." I may shave it after duck season :-)