Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Your Eyes Are Getting Heavy .. Aren't They?


Last night, Cheryl was the one who couldn't sleep (she probably felt guilty for making a snide remark about me at a local Christmas gathering, in front of all my friends). I am usually the insomniac around these parts and she is honing in on my territory. However, I'll gladly hand over my title and all that it entails.

The difference in last evening's scenario and when I'm up all night? If mama don't sleep .. don't nobody sleep.

When she finally got out of bed, the light came on (I don't mean she had an idea .. the light really came on) and that's all it took to awaken me .. that, and her poking and asking me if I was awake, too.

Consequently, when my alarm went off at 5 o'clock (it's blogging time), I gingerly turned it off (hit it with a baseball bat) and rolled over like a dog doing a trick.

So .. I'm late (for me) blogging, I've missed my Men's Prayer Group (sorry guys, I didn't have one today) and I feel a little sluggish (no, not that kind of sluggish .. I'm a 'regular' guy).

I need some coffee.

No comments: