Monday, December 8, 2008

Who Let the Dogs Out?


Since a good number of college students have been in the picture at FBC Humboldt for the past several years, they have made quite an impact on the congregation. Our services have been energized by their passion and we have been encouraged by their presence .. Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, and any time the doors are open (actually, I think they were able to "jimmy" the lock a couple of nights when no one was around).

It's sort of like owning an outside dog. They travel in "packs," rummage around the building for food, and mess up the furniture in their domicile (college department). However, they bring great joy and have become one of the family.

Facebook is another one of the things they have brought to the church. They are all on Facebook and that is the best way to communicate with them .. if you are "quick text" impaired, like me.

We now have an FBC Humboldt group on "FB" (that's what we 'power users' call it) and I check everyone's "status" daily.

I have reconnected with people from my past (you can run .. but you can't hide) and that has been an added bonus/curse.

Evidently, these young "pups" can teach an old "dog" new tricks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can text like a "mad dog", but Facebook......that's way out of my league..I finally learned how to leave a comment on your blog. (lucky you).

Anonymous said...

oh come on Vicki! We can get you set up on facebook. I already taught Mrs. Debbie and Jaclyn how to do it!

RevKev♫ said...

I can't text worth a dime! I guess I don't have the thumbs for it.

The Stanphill Family said...

I can do the likes of all of it! Get a Facebook, Get a Facebook!!!!