Saturday, December 13, 2008

Break a Leg??


This evening is "opening night" (or dress rehearsal, as I like to call it) of, "The Splendor of Christmas," a musical presentation by the Sanctuary Choir of First Baptist Church, Humboldt.

The choir has worked very hard on this project, and those who attend can look forward to a great mix of secular and sacred Christmas music .. something for everyone ("Jingle Bells," "Hallelujah Chorus" .. not at the same time time, of course .. but. now that I think about it .. we'll see next year).

I must admit, I was beginning to panic (I'm usually so laid back) about this project until a few weeks ago. The songs are "wordy" and there are quite a few "barbershop" chords that we are not used to singing on a typical Sunday service. Since we "memorize" (and I use this term very loosely) the music, it appeared I would be seeking other employment in January (this is still a possibility .. business meeting is next Wednesday).

Things have fallen into place over our final two or three practices, and I am confident the choir will come through with flying colors (there are quite a few high notes for the tenors and you should see all the red and blue faces).

If you are available (and live in the greater Humboldt area .. that includes Gibson), join us tonight or Sunday evening at six o'clock for, "The Splendor of Christmas."

I would, especially like to see all our choir members. I couldn't do it without you.

Seriously, I couldn't do it without you. Be there .. please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't speak for the other tenors, but I just sing bass in those spots, waiting on the day that baritone is an actual choir section.

RevKev♫ said...

You can start one, coach.