Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sing That Funky Music, White Boy


Another Sunday. Another late post. This seems to be "business as usual," it appears, as long as revkev's blog is up and running. I've thought about taking the weekends off (from blogging .. not my church responsibilities), but I sure do hate to disappoint my "large reader base (bass)" .. one fat guy that sings low.

Tonight, our church gathered together, divided into small groups, and went to the nursing homes, veterans home, and a retirement complex (it was actually pretty simple, if you ask me) to sing Christmas carols. Afterwards, we returned to the church and enjoyed hot chocolate, cookies, and a reading of the Christmas story from Luke (make that .. Greg).

There was a wonderful mix of young, old and "every age in between" and it was a great picture of, as our pastor calls it, the "church being the church."

I do admit I was slightly concerned about some of the voices in a couple of the groups (John, you think I'm talking about you don't you? I didn't mention any names, did I?), but everything must have worked out just fine. We didn't receive a single call about anyone creating a disturbance.

Thank you, church family for taking part in this evening's activities.

You done good.

No comments: