Monday, December 22, 2008

Cover Me .. I'm Going In


With only three shopping days left before Christmas, someone needs to tell all those people at Walmart, can't you read? .. we're in a recession.

Money may be "tight" these days, but it sure is hard to find a parking space at any mall in any city across America, as we approach the twenty fifth of December.

We all like our "stuff" and I'm just as guilty as the next guy when it comes to wanting more things (an extra marital affair will never be my downfall .. electronics or computer related items, however? .. sometimes I'm disturbed by the way I look at my iPhone).

Even the Christian community .. those who know the real "reason for the season" .. is caught up in all the hype: Buy more (make that, charge more). Be happy.

Happiness comes and goes, but true joy can only be found in something .. or someone .. that lasts, long after the presents are unwrapped and the kids have gone back home.

The greatest gift you can receive this Christmas is the One, who's birth we celebrate.

"Where meek souls will receive him still, the dear Christ enters in."

No comments: