Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's a Small World, After All


Tonight, our preschool and children's choirs will be singing Christmas music during the 6:30 Prayer Meeting service. Last year's program was a full-fledged musical, "Christmas in Reverse." This time, it will be a simple service of sharing song selections (rubber baby buggy bumpers, rubber baby buggy bumpers).

I used to love children .. back when other people worked with them. Now that I'm directing again, I find it a challenge each week to stay cool, calm and collected. I certainly have a new respect for those in the public school system and pledge to pray for them "without ceasing."

The boys and girls are not bad. They are just .. boys and girls. Hyper, chatty, loud, annoying .. boys and girls. They do what kids do .. I kid you not.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think I'm getting too old for all this.

Children used to love me. Now, they view me as the "crazy old man" who lives in that house on the hill .. stay out of his yard.

If you are the parent of a child in my Young Musicians choir, it's possible you may have some concerns after reading today's ramblings. I assure you, there is no cause for alarm. Your child is loved, nurtured and well taken care of, each and every week.

That's why we have additional workers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can definitely vouch that us public school teachers need that prayer! Especially when I have the same kids all day and in choir!