Friday, October 24, 2008

America the Beautiful .. Make That "Mildly Attractive"

Yesterday, I took advantage of early voting and cast my ballot at the courthouse in Trenton. I had not planned on being the "early bird" (they're always getting worms .. had 'em .. hate 'em), but my son, Drew, came home to do his civic duty (again .. still a funny word).

Drew and I don't quite see eye to eye when it comes to politics (he's wrong .. I'm right). However, it's good to see him involved in the "process" and it was fun going and canceling out each others vote.

I love America: the land of the free and the home of the Brave(s) and Cardinals.

When all the "heavy stuff" was over, we came home, had pizza (lovingly hand-tossed by Cheryl .. she handed me a twenty and tossed the car keys), and watched "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "The Temple of Doom."

All the fun ended about midnight and we retired for the evening.

Cheryl was up at her usual time (5:30 AM) and she awakened (a high class for for "woke up") Drew at 7 o'clock, per his request. After eating a bowl of bread pudding (the breakfast of champions) and watching some liberal media (anything non-FOX), number one son headed back to Chattanooga.

It was a quick trip, but Cheryl and I will steal a moment with the "kids" whenever we can get one.

Since my computer is set up in Drew's old room, I am a little later than usual with today's update (I had to wait until he got up and out to post). I hope my fans (okay .. fan) are/is not disappointed.

My blog may lack quality, but I make up for it .. in quantity.

Welcome to RevKev's Blog and Buffet.

No comments: