Thursday, October 30, 2008

Warm and Toasty


We have heat in the house! We have heat in the house!

It was great waking up this morning without frost on my head and an icicle on my nose (it's large enough without the extra attention brought by a large frozen water mass).

Do you know what it's like when your car "acts up" (notice how well versed I am in describing automotive abnormalities) while you are driving, but when you take it to the shop, the mechanic can't find anything wrong? That was the case with our heating unit.

When we finally got someone out here (thanks, Greg Scott for calling your dad), he flipped the switch and I flipped my lid because .. the heat came on.

I promise you we had turned the heat on and off a couple of times .. to no avail. However, when the professional gets here, he has the Midas touch. Evidently, there's a "three's a charm" protocol that helps keep the heating and air profession in business.

I felt like an idiot (even more so than usual). We have been freezing our .. we have been freezing our .. we have been freezing when we could have been enjoying a "cozy cottage."

I don't want Cheryl to know there was nothing wrong. She has been cold for a couple of weeks (actually, she has been cold a lot longer than that .. it seemed to start about the time this blog got off the ground .. hmm) and it wouldn't be good for her to find out she has been freezing for .. nothing.

I put a couple of pieces of pipe and some scrap sheet metal in the back yard by the heating unit to make her think they had to do some extensive work to get things running again.

With true love, sometimes you have to "bend the truth" a little to keep someone from getting hurt.

That's what I'm doing. If Cheryl finds out .. she's gonna kill me.

No comments: