Friday, October 3, 2008

I Like to Move It! Move It!


We are having our hardwood floors refinished, and I have to get all the furniture from three bedrooms and a dining room moved out .. today. The tricky part will be trying to store three bedroom suits, mattresses/box springs, bookcases, an armoire, end tables, computer equipment with desk, and a dining room table with four chairs. All that (plus many, miscellaneous items) have to fit in the living room and den (rooms that already have an abundance of furniture).

A friend (this will more than likely severe our friendship .. too bad, I really liked .. let's call him .. Jim, to protect his identity), Jim Laughlin, is coming over this morning at 8:30 to help.

This is a task for, perhaps, four big, young guys with very strong backs. Instead, two skinny, not-so-young guys with very strong egos are doing all the heavy lifting. By tomorrow morning, I'm pretty certain we will be a couple of "slow-movers" with the distinct aroma of Bengay® (it drives the women and horseflies .. crazy).

It's a tough job, but I need to get it done, today. Why do I need to get it done today? Because Cheryl said .. "You need to get it done, today."

'Nuff said. I'm off to the salt mines.

Oh, my aching back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure Brian could use your help in moving our furiture for the exact same reason!!!! So, whenever you are all healed.....

RevKev♫ said...

I'll get (oh, may aching) BACK with you.

Lori said...

I sure hope two guys (nameless) Bro. Kev. and Jim are able to move their bodes after all the moving they had to do today. You are racking up points with your wives. Good for you. I also have a house full of furniture to be moved when you are able.