Sunday, October 12, 2008

I've Hit the Ground Running


Well, we got home yesterday afternoon from our "vacation" and I have just now stopped long enough to blog.

The problem with vacations is .. you have to come home. I suppose you don't have to come home, but since I am not trying to pattern my life after a gypsy or nomad .. it works out better that way.

If you recall, for those of you who read my stuff religiously (I am in the ministry), we had our hardwood floors done (thanks Terry, good job) while we were out of town. This meant we returned to a house with every stick of furniture we owned .. piled in two rooms.

Since we are having quarter rounds added to the three bedrooms (when we removed the carpet a while back, there were none), it seemed better to leave everything out and away from the walls until that takes place (Wednesday).

So .. last night, Cheryl slept on a mattress on the floor and I slept on the couch (a place that has become my 'second home' .. since getting rid of the dog house).

I got up at 5:30 this morning. This was to give me enough time to find my clothes (some in the suitcase, some hidden in the living room). It was like Where's Waldo(s) .. underwear. At least I didn't have to wear Cheryl's this time.

I unlocked the church at 6:30 AM, checked messages that I missed, and tried to prepare everything for a "run through" with the instrumentalists.

Church was at 10:30 AM (good service today!) and the choir had lunch afterwards before our "Bonus Christmas Rehearsal" (note .. this is not an EXTRA rehearsal. It's a BONUS) which lasted until 2:15 PM.

I made a stop by the hospital in Humboldt to see a neighbor for, perhaps, the last time (I love you Carroll and Ms Helen) and then made my way home (where I'm writing this).

Cheryl and I will be meeting with several other couples (our 'Fireproof' small group) from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM in our neighborhood and then I will head back to church for handbells at 7:15 PM.

Sunday. It is a day of rest, you know.

It reminds me of the song, "All Day Long, I've Been with Jesus" ( .. and I've about worn Him out).

No comments: