Sunday, October 5, 2008

Smoke-Free Tennessee? Tell My Car

The temperature gauge on Cheryl's car has been "wonky" for quite a while. It goes up and down (much like my heart rate on Sundays) all the time and I assumed (we all know what happens when you do that) the gauge itself was the problem. Evidently, there is more to it.

After a nice leisurely drive, the car started smoking (it's a good thing we weren't in a Tennessee restaurant). Within a few moments, coolant was pouring out underneath the vehicle and I did what men do .. pop the hood and stare at the engine.

I don't know a lot, but I do know enough about cars to realize this was probably not good.

Since nothing was coming from the radiator cap (note the impressive mechanic lingo) and it didn't even feel hot, I believe we might have a bad hose and/or a stuck thermostat (I hate it when that happens).

We poured in enough water to get us back home and the car has been parked until we can have it looked at on Monday.

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.

Okay, I'll take the rainy days, but Mondays ..

No comments: